Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 5 - Week 1

Eve got to meet Michael and guide dog Cody last night.  The short 2 minute drive to Michael's was a nightmare.  She absolutely hates the car!  She barked and yelped so loud I had to make sure the windows were rolled up tight so no one would think I was hurting her.  By the sounds she made you would think I was torturing her. 
Michael loved to hold little Eve.  Something he didn't get to do with Luke and Cody.  So that was nice.  Thank GOD Michael is coming with us to the Okanagan next weekend.  I'm going to need some help in the car.  I wonder how long the drive will take!  NO Michael...you can't back out now!
Eve gave Cody some kisses, they played and then she did a little poop in Michael's kitchen and off we went to get home for some much needed sleep.

Eve and I went to bed late....11:00 pm.  Way too late for a puppy...and especially me!  Anyways, off to dreamland we went.  She is such a good puppy and makes no fuss at bed time.  Let me re-phrase that - she is such a good puppy when it comes to sleeping!  This was our 4th night together and I'm telling you I was exhausted.  I'm not sure how mother's cope with human babies.  Love you Michelle! 

I woke up suddenly to an unbelievable but familiar stench!  OMG I am afraid to open my eyes.  Where am I ????  I turned on the light and there was little Eve lying quietly on her bed and there on the floor was a whole mess of pee and poop.  I'm telling you it was a great mess.  The stench was more than I could stand.  I thought it was a good idea to close the door at night so that I could hear her when she woke up.  I guess I was so exhausted, I didn't even hear her little bells jingling. 
She looked at me with her sleepy eyes with a look that said "Can you please clean this mess up, that's nasty!"  I told her to stay, and off I went to get yet another roll of paper towel, toilet paper, disinfectant wipes and a rag.  Why did I think she would just lie there after I left?  Up she gets, straight through the mess! She then lays quietly beside me and watches.  I didn't know where to begin!  What time is it?? 
I cleaned up the mess but the smell was so bad in a hot stuffy, closed up bedroom.   Why is it so hot in September???  Hey I have an idea.  I just purchased a new can of Febreze with a light scent of citrus.  Perfect!  I sprayed that room and didn't miss a spot!  Even her bed got a little mist of Febreze. 
Back to sleep we go.  I left the door open this time and within a minute, Eve decided to go sleep on the floor in the living room.  Why you ask?  The scent of the Febreze was more than the two of us could bare!  I joined her!  I cannot even tell you what time this took place or how long we were in the living room but we did wake up in the bedroom this morning!  I guess we eventually made our way back to our comfy beds!
Guess what we're doing this weekend?   SLEEPING!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! Sounds like potty training might take awhile. She'll come around. You certainly are busy....welcome to Motherhood.
    This picture is adorable. She loves her mommy! I do hope you get some rest. Sleep deprivation is not fun.

    ReplyDelete