Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 4 - Week 1

I've gone through one large roll of paper towel in about 24 hours.  Is that a lot?  Patience, patience, patience...she is going to figure out this potty training thing.  The rare times she does go outside - WOW am I ever excited!
We had a great day of playing and napping.  Well Eve did most of the napping and I tried my very best to keep my eyes open at work.  My back and neck are sore from carrying her so much.  A 2-block walk to Staples took an hour!
Of course everyone loves her wherever we go and most people ask to pet her which is the right thing to do.  We are allowed to pet her but only if she is behaving.  So when you see a guide dog with their puppy jacket on you need to ask if it is ok to pet the puppy.  The jacket indicates that she is working or in training.  Eve went a little nutso with one lady today so I had to tell her that Eve was not behaving appropriately and off we went. 
I neglected to tell everyone that not only is my niece Lexus a big time animal lover but so is her big sister Levi!  I think Lexus actually followed in her sisters footsteps.  Levi loves animals so much that she became a vegetarian about 2 years ago and is even considering working with animals for a living.  And guess what?  She's only 13!  I'm proud of you Levi! 
Eve and I will visit Lexus' grade 5 class in a couple of weeks and they are going to start a penny jar in her class.  WOW that is fantastic.  Perhaps we can even visit the highschool with Levi and I'll see if her mom can set that up too.
Well not only are my nieces excited to meet Eve but so is the rest of the family.  My brother's girlfriend is Michelle whose brother is Michael.  I mentioned Michael in an earlier blog.  Michael is blind and is on his second guide dog.  So Michael's family is also super duper excited to meet Eve, especially James!  Not to mention my dad of course.  They actually may be more excited to see Eve next week then me!  I don't mind, this little pup is bringing joy and smiles to the faces of everyone she meets.  
By the way, the rug in this photo has now been removed until potty training has been mastered.

Till next time...
Andrea & Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment