Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 16 - Week 3

Wow has it really been a week since I've updated the blog?  I have a very good excuse.  I am not going to lie!  Last week was a difficult week.  It felt like potty training would never be mastered, I was lacking sleep, and to top it all off, Eve was not getting any better in the car.  Last Thursday we took a drive out to Ladner for her shots and she absolutely went nutso in the car.  I tried everything,  I had her on the floor, on the seat, in the back, on my lap...nothing would calm her down.  Once I got on the highway she became very distressed and began to attack me.  Literally, attack me!  I could not stop her and I could not pull over.  By the time we got to Ladner I was very upset and we were both very stressed. 
As I tried to fight back the tears, I explained to Linda the situation.  She came to my rescue and the solution was a crate.  She assured me that Eve would come around and not to worry.  The drive home was better.  Eve did not like the ride home  any better than the morning but she eventually cried and yelped herself to sleep.  We went in the car again the next day and she actually likes being in the crate. 
The big test was going to be the drive to Peachland.  I was so worried!  Thankfully, Michael and Cody were with me and Michael was awesome with Eve.  Eventually he had Eve on the floor of the passenger side right where she is supposed to be.  It has now been a few days since that trip and she is getting better although I attempted a ride with just the two of us today and again she freaked out.  I'm confident that she will get better though and I'm not as stressed about the car ride as I have the trusty crate to rely on for now!

Having Eve at my dad's place in a house is much easier than a condo 15 floors high.  She has only had one accident in the house and loves to run out in the yard.  Today Michael and I headed to Lexus' school to talk to 100 6-graders about Guide dogs.  It was great and the kids were very attentive and had great questions.  It was really fun to have both the baby (Eve) and Cody there.  It really gave the kids and understanding of how amazing these dogs are.  Thank you Lexus for arranging this! 
We are spending the rest of the week in Peachland and I am doing some catch up on sleep and Eve is having a ball. 

Everyone is loving having the pup around and I'm loving the help. 
Happy Birthday Levi!
This is a pic of us at the Elementary School today.  Michael & Cody and Aunty Sylvia & Eve.  The puppies were very well behaved!

Andrea & Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment