Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 9 - Week 2

Little Evey and I had a bit of a stressful day.  I had to take her to my first work outing and that meant we had to get in the car. We know how much she loves the car...NOT!  Ashli was going to be in the car so I was pretty confident she would be fine.  Boy, was I ever wrong.  We tried to have her sit on the floor in the passenger side like she's supposed to (Eve that is) and she went nuts.  Her yelping was bringing chills right through my body.  I always thought dogs liked cars. 
She slept pretty much through the entire training session and I guess she was exhausted again from the mental stress.  The car ride home wasn't any better.  Ashli ended up getting an alergic reaction from her and could barely see out of her eyes!  It was one of those days! What am I going to do about the car???? 
Well I got home and there was a message from Linda of BC Guide Dogs.  I called her back and she gave me some suggestions.  It appears that being on the floor of the car may give her some anxiety after the plane ride last week and the vibrations she is feeling. I will bring a blanket with my scent on it and have it cover the floor and the seat.  If that doesn't work I can allow her on the seat and we will eventually work her back down to the floor.  She seems to want to be near me all the time
We are both exhausted tonight so I think we will head to bed early.  Tomorrow her guide puppy friend, Maggie (who flew with her from San Fransisco), is coming over to play at lunch.  It should be fun. 
Until next time! Enjoy a picture of Eve asleep with her teddy and always next to my shoes!
Exhausted Andrea & Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment