Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 22 - Week 4

Here we are heading into week 4.  Eve is growing so quickly and I can't believe I'm going to say this after the morning I just had with her...but she is maturing.  If only I could get her to sleep through the night.  Soon!  This morning she didn't wake up until 4am and after a quick bathroom break she was back to sleep until the alarm went off at 6:30.  At that time there is not getting her back to sleep...she knows it's breakfast time and she will not rest until she has had her first meal of the day. 
She is pretty much potty trained now with the odd accident inside...what a relief! 
We met Linda of BC Guide Dogs yesterday for a walk through the mall.  She said Eve was doing very well and as usual gave me some pointers and reassurance that everything so far is going according to the puppy plan. 
We came home from the Okanagan a little richer!  Summerland Middle School raised $70 for BC Guide Dogs.  The money will go towards the raising of these little pups.  They raised this amount in about 4 days.  I was very impressed!  Thank you Summerland Middle School and especially the grade 6'ers and Lexus (my niece) for arranging the visit and the penny jar! 
I guess I better share with you a morning in the life of a puppy raiser.  After tearing up my brand new book she some how pulled down from the night stand she proceeded to the bathroom where she tore up the toilet paper, then shredded my plant, pulled down a note card and tore that up, pulled down her bell and used it as a toy and NOW....she is fast asleep at my side! 
And when she is sleepy she is an angel and as you can see from this picture with my sister...she loves to cuddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment