Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 3 - Week 1

I hope that this blog can help us all learn what it takes to raise and train one of these amazing animals.  As I learn along the way, and attend obedience classes I will share what I've learned in this blog.  I do know that it costs about $40,000 to train these puppies until they are placed at the age of 2.  BC Guide dogs has a contest for us puppy raisers and it is to see how many pennies we can raise.  Of course the money goes to the cost of raising the pups.  SO...if you have any spare pennies around, let me know and perhaps I can be the big winner!  I do not pass a penny on the street without picking it up so it was quite ironic to hear of the Pennies for Puppies.
Last night at about 1am, Eve woke up and I said to her "Let's go get busy."  She ran to the door and rang her bell signaling me she needs to go outside.  We went out and within 5 minutes she did her business.  I was so proud and thought that perhaps she was trained.  Wishful thinking! She proved me wrong today!  We are going to get though this.  She was a little terror today.  Running around, chewing everything she could get her mouth on and running after the mop as I tried to clean up.  Of course you can guess what she is doing now...fast asleep.  She likes to nap at the front door with her head on my shoes.  It's pretty cute! 
I spoke to my 10-year old niece Lexus today and in 2 weeks time we are going to take Eve to her classroom and share Eve's story with her class.  It should be fun.  I'm pretty excited for Eve to meet Lexus as my niece is the biggest animal lover I have ever known!  She is going to be a big help when we visit next week.
Sweet dreams everyone.
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment