Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 123 - Week 18 - LOVE OF PUPPIES (January 27, 2011)

I hope you all got to watch the segment on Global TV news this past week where they featured BC Guide Dogs.  It was very good and of course I started crying as I thought of my little one all grown up and helping guide someone blind through life.  How proud I will be of her! 
Bill of BC Guide Dogs, mentioned how the puppy raisers take care of the little ones and how they manage to destroy our homes and then when they are perfect we have to give them back.  Well...I already think she is perfect but let me share with you some of the things she has destroyed in my home. 

Chewing and ruining the legs of my dining room chairs, my sofa leg, my bed raisers, rumerous rolls of toilet paper, my Coach bag, my jackets, scratches on my beautful hard word floors, my blackberry, her leash, my slippers, baskets, plastic storeage containers.  The book and magazines she tore to shreds.  Oh and of course the time she electrocuted herself when she bit right through my computer power cord !  Cost me $70 to replace it!

But I would go through it all again.  I love her to death!
Although we are a long way off, I asked Linda how much notice we are given when they take the pups back.  She jokingly said, "The day we drop off a new 8-week puppy at your door step you will know!"

No comments:

Post a Comment