Thursday, March 15, 2012

SHE DID IT!

This is probably the proudest moment of my life!  Today I received the most amazing news that my baby Eve was going to be an Autism Support Dog!  I just knew that was her calling.  She is so amazing with children and I like to think that all the time she spent with my nieces and nephews has paid off.  Especially the little ones - James & Dane.  She was always so gentle with them!

When I went to see my family last month, James waved to me from the window and then he looked at his mom and said "Aunty just doesn't look the same without Eve"!  How sweet is that!

Of course I cried again when I got the news today!  I'm just so thrilled.  I hope I can meet her new family who has already been chosen.  In the words of Michael Fulton "I can see her brightening some little kids world!"  My tears are tears of so much joy.  I'm so happy!  I already know how much joy Eve is going to bring to this family and maybe one day I can see it for myself!

Eve is moving to Vancouver Island to finish her training and be placed with her "FOREVER FAMILY". No more shuffling her between families.  Although she does settle in with anyone pretty quickly.  Her trainer told me that her boarding family loves her and Eve gets so excited to see them when she comes home from training.  But to finally go to her Forever Family makes me very happy!

Almost 8 weeks without her and I miss her so much!  I get to see her next week and I can hardly wait!  Just six more sleeps till we are reunited!

For those of you who have forgotten, this is a picture of Michael (who started it all for me), who is blind with Eve and his amazing guide dog, Cody!

No comments:

Post a Comment